VISITORS AHOY

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SO EXCITED...!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been blogging for a while, I had the flu and yeah it got the best of me. Am okay now and so let's get to it...FAFA is around the corner and am so excited that God willing I will be able to attend, it's all about emerging and already established African designers showcasing their work of arts. The Festival for African Fashion and Art was established in 2008 and the main objective was to draw attention to the immense talent and sophistication that exists in the African continent. The event is held in Kenya yearly and since I missed the one in 08', I am not about to miss this one. I practically see the billboard everyday when going home...:-)
I am not sure about the designers who will showcase this year but am pretty sure some of those who were at 08' will most probably be there..my favourite designers for the 08' edition were:-

JOHN KAVEKE 
 


It's amazing how far Kaveke has come, he started small and now he is all the way everywhere, International Smirnoff awards, Mnet face of Africa, Catwalk Kenya, Sarajevo Fashion Week, Swahili fashion Week just to name a few. I can't wait to see what he will do this year....am waiting John..LOL!


Here is one of my favourite design of his




MODELA COUTURE

Lagos based designer that has been in the fashion scene in many guises, but I think being a Haute couture designer should be his forte. Here are some of the best designs that he created that year, according to me anyway....






That's him in the middle..I love his originality, this is creativity at it's peak. Hope he will still blow our minds again this year.


MOOCOW
This fashion house is headed by Carol Wahome and Wambui Njogu. Carol Wahome used be the head stylist of the Saturday Magazine for which she went ahead and established MooCow with her buddy from high school and college Wambui. I thought that their collection was interesting, out of the box kind of thing.
Here are some of the designs showcased in 08' as I said before ...interesting....i love it!





If you want to see more on the other fashion designers and their collection just log into www.fafakenya.org


GOD BLESS and see you there..!

1 comment: